Monday, February 7, 2011

Review of Turkey, Chard and Jasmin Rice

For being kind of a vague recipe to begin with, Turkey, Chard and Jasmin Rice turned out to be pretty good!  I discovered I do like chard and will be using it again in the future.  I used shallots for the onion (these came in my Full Circle Farms order also) and I used a little oregano, thyme and parsley for the herbs to season, and some salt and pepper of course.  I didn't feel like digging through my pantry for chicken broth, so I ended up using beef broth instead and about 1 tsp of chicken bullion.  It was a very flavorful meal!

The only thing I would change would be the amount of time it took to actually make the meal.  I decided to start it after we got home from church last night and it seemed to take FOREVER for the rice to steam in the rice cooker.  I think next time I will make the rice on the stove and just steam the stems in a steaming tray.

It was a VERY simple meal and it was super easy to make.  I will definitely be making it again in the future when I need to use up some turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment