1 bunch Red Chard
2 cups Jasmin rice
4 cups water
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup chopped onions
2 tsp minced garlic
2 cups cooked turkey, pulled apart into pieces
2 cups turkey or chicken broth
1 tsp chicken bullion
Salt and Pepper to taste
Other spices you like
1. Cut the chard stems from the leaves. Chop the stems into bite sized pieces. Steam the stems (you can do this in a vegetable steamer tray over your rice if your rice cooker has one).
2. Add 4 cups water and 1 tbsp butter to the Jasmin rice in a rice cooker. Cook until done.
3. Chop the chard leaves. In a pan on the stove, heat the oil. Sautee the onions and garlic. When the onion just start to soften, put the chopped up chard leaves on top and cover. Cook on low until the chard has cooked down and is soft.
4. Add the turkey, broth, bullion and stems. Season to taste.
5. Serve over rice with remaining juices.
Recipe taken and modified Cookerati.com