Makes 4 Servings
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1 large egg white
1/4 cup whole-wheat or plain breadcrumbs
3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 (5-oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 oz part-skim mozzarella, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
8 oz spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
1. Heat oven to 400°F. In a medium saucepan, heat marinara sauce over low heat; keep warm.
2. In a shallow bowl or pie late, beat egg white. In another one, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in egg white, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
3. In a large nonstick, ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden all over, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat. Spoon 3 tbsp marinara over each chicken breast, sprinkle with mozzarella, and bake in oven until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted, 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Turn on broiler. Place skillet under broiler until cheese lightly browns, about 1 minute.
5. Divide cooked spaghetti evenly among four plates; top with remaining sauce and serve with chicken.
Recipe taken from Redbook, July 2011