Monday, November 15, 2010

Review of Taco Casserole

Oh my goodness!  I LOVED this casserole!  It was SO easy and quick, especially if you have cooked ground beef in your freezer already.  And it far exceeded the effort on taste!  My husband said it reminded him of Beef-a-Roni.  I don't know if that was a compliment or not, but my kids ate it and I liked it, so we are making it again!!

I think this casserole would freeze pretty well if the noodles were a little more undercooked and the chips were not added until right before baking in the oven.  I think that the next time I make this, I will make two and see how it goes.  

As far as the actual recipe, I threw in a can of sliced olives because my family likes them and I think it made it even better.  I ate it with sour cream for dinner last night and it was good, but this afternoon, I ate it without and it was still good.  It might be good with some chopped tomatoes or shredded lettuce added on top after it was done cooking.

Definitely a keeper that I will be making again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment