Monday, January 10, 2011

Great Idea for Wrapping Paper Storage

So, a friend of mine (Catherine M.) told me how she stores her wrapping paper and it is a crazy great idea!  I don't know why I hadn't heard about it before!  It is going to save me so much space and time when I need to wrap something.  She has two garment bags (like luggage ones) that she uses to store her wrapping paper/accessories.  One is for year round paper, etc. and one is for Christmas paper, etc.  Today I am going to put all my Christmas paper, boxes, labels, bags, tissue, etc. into a garment bag that I have but never use anymore.  I am SO excited!!  Goodbye big bins of random wrapping stuff.....Hello organization!!!  :)  I will post pictures later.  :)

So here is the finished product.  I would have taken pictures of the before, but I forgot and it was kind of a disaster, anyways.  SO, just imagine two bins full of random paper and scraps, tissue, bags, labels, etc.  Now, here is what the finished product looks like.


I didn't put bows anywhere because I have decided I am not storing bows anymore.  They inevitably get crushed and look bad when I try to use them.  I don't even use bows most of the time (maybe that is because they are crushed...hmmmm).  I do have some ribbon that I may try to get into this one or the year round one.

 Unfortunately, when I was all done putting the stuff in here, I realized that the hook to hang it up must have broken some time in the past and I don't know where it is.  So, I will see if my husband has a way that we can hang it in the closet.  It would also fit well under the bed if I need it to.  :)

1 comment: