1 whole chicken, quartered (or any four parts you wish to eat)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 whole yellow onion, thinly sliced into half moons
3/4 cup carrots, peeled and diced medium
1 tbsp minced garlic, about four cloves
1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
2 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and cubed
1 cup chicken stock
pinch salt and pepper
splash balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Season chicken well with salt and pepper
2. Heat one tbsp of the extra virgin olive oil in a hot pan until just before smoking.
3. Add chicken, skin side down, and sear until golden brown.
4. Remove chicken, drain pan, and add one tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Add onions until soft, about five minutes. Add carrots and garlic until they begin to soften, about five to seven minutes. Add tomatoes and celery and let cook for a few minutes.
5. Remove the skin from the cooked chicken and add back into stew.
6. Add chicken stock and simmer for about 25 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar, and fresh chopped basil.
Recipe taken from: