Monday, November 8, 2010

Review of Coconut Chicken Curry

I originally made this dish last year for Brian's birthday thinking I would hate it, since I don't usually like curry, but would eat it anyway since it was his birthday.  Surprisingly, I ended up really liking it.  I am kind of sensitive to spicy foods, so I don't usually make things with a lot of spice, including most curry dishes.  This dish, however, has a little spice, but is complimented by coconut milk, so it isn't too bad. 

This time around, I made a double batch and froze half of it.  I think that the frozen curry will be more flavorful than the fresh curry since it will have "sat" longer.  I find that curry is kind of like pasta.  It gets better if it sits soaking up the flavors for a day or two.  Leftover pasta and curry are always way better than the first night!  

Both of my kids like this recipe, also, and everyone I have ever made it for has liked it.  So, I think I would definitely give this recipe an 8 out of 10.  :)  It is in my favorite recipe book now.

No comments:

Post a Comment