Saturday, October 23, 2010

Review of Chicken Stuffing Casserole

I made the Chicken Stuffing Casserole tonight for dinner because it looked really fast and easy.  I had plans tonight and of course waited way too long to start my dinner and only had a few minutes before I had to leave.  It was pretty easy to throw it all together, especially since the chicken was already cooked and frozen (I will get into that some other time in a separate post).  It took me about 20 minutes to completely make the casseroles (this recipe made two) and I was able to throw it in the oven on my way out so my husband and kids could eat dinner.
As far as liking the recipe goes…eh.  I think I would give it a 5 out of 10.  I have definitely had and made better.  It was a little  “mushier” than I would like, and I think that was because it has the stuffing and the cream of mushroom.  Brian, my husband, said it was okay and that it seemed like it was pretty fattening (since it had all that cheese and cream of mushroom soup-even though I did use the lower fat version of cream of mushroom).  Cameron, my oldest son (almost 11) gave it a 4.5 out of 10.  He said it was ok, also.  Connor, my middle son (age 4) wouldn’t eat it, as usual.  He doesn’t like much of what I make for dinner usually.  Going to bed hungry again…sigh.  And Charlie, my youngest (age 3 months), obviously didn’t have too much to say about it.  :)
So…I don’t know that I will be making this recipe again.  I do have another one in the freezer and will use it probably some night that I REALLY, REALLY don’t want to cook.
Let me know what you think of it if you make it.  I would love to hear if someone makes it differently or has a different opinion of it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment