Makes 12 Servings
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup frozen bell pepper strips
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic (or two cloves garlic, minced)
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 container (8 ounces) cottage cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 lb chicken breasts, chopped and cooked
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped asparagus, thawed and drained
8 ounces egg noodles
Black pepper (optional)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions until almost tender; drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13×9-inch casserole; set aside.
3. Heat oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add pepper strips, onion and garlic; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. Mix soup, cottage cheese, 1 cup Cheddar cheese and eggs in large bowl until well blended. Add onion mixture, chicken, asparagus and noodles; mix well. Season with black pepper, if desired.
5. Spread mixture evenly in prepared casserole. Top with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
6. Bake 30 minutes or until center is set and cheese is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired.
Recipe taken and modified from “Favorite Brand Name Recipes, September 2010