Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Albertson's Cereal/Milk Run

I know I said I wasn't going to blog for a little while, but this deal is WAY too good to keep in the dark.  Right now you can get select Kellogg's cereals at Albertson's for 3/$5.  PLUS, when you buy 3 select Kellogg's cereals, you get a catalina for a free gallon of milk (or half, up to $3.99).  PLUS, Kellogg's has a mail in rebate for a $10 Mastercard when you buy 10 participating items.  PLUS, you can stack coupons on top of the Albertson's sale!!  PLUS, if you wait until Sunday, you can use doublers and MAKE money on all this!!  And guess what?!  Some of the cereals on sale at Albertson's are the ones for the mail in rebate.  CRAZY!!

I am not going to wait until Sunday because I don't know if I am going to have time for a doubler run, so I went this morning.  It ends up being $1.70 (after rebate) for 10 boxes of cereal and 3 gallons of milk if you do it now.  AMAZING DEAL!!

Here is what I did today:



6 Transactions (at two different stores), each one had 6 boxes of cereal.

6 boxes of Rice Krispies, on sale 3/$5 = $10
- (3) $1/2 coupons 3/6 RP
= $7 and I got 2 catalinas for milk

6 boxes of Crispex cereal, on sale 3/$5 = $10
- (3) $1/2 coupons here (must register and you can print two of each coupon per computer you have)
= $7 and I got 2 catalinas for milk

6 boxes of Corn Flakes cereal, on sale 3/$5 = $10
- (3) $1/2 coupons here (must register and you can print two of each coupon per computer you have)
= $7 and I got 2 catalinas for milk

3 boxes of Corn Flakes, 3 boxes of Crispex, on sale 3/$5 = $10
- (3) $1/2 coupons here (must register and you can print two of each coupon per computer you have)
= $7 and I got 2 catalinas for milk

I did the Crispex and the Corn Flakes transactions twice.  So, I ended up with 36 boxes of cereal and 12 catalinas for milk.  I will go back one more time to get 4 more to make it 40 boxes so I can send in for four $10 rebates (you can send up to 5 per household!!).

SO, after I get four more boxes, I will have paid $46.48 of which $40 will come back to me in prepaid Mastercards making it $6.48.  For this $6.48 I will have gotten 40 boxes of cereal and 13 gallons of milk!!  The shelf cost of all of this is $275.29!!!!  So, I am saving $268.81!!!  Incredible!!

I know you are probably wondering what I am going to do with all of this milk and cereal.  I am going to give some of it away.  I am going to freeze some of the milk (see below).  I am also going to make some breakfast bars, rice krispie treats and snack mix with the cereal

How do you freeze milk?  You open up the milk, and empty out and inch or so to allow for expansion.  You can freeze the milk for up to 3 months.  Defrost the milk in the refrigerator, shake well after it is completely defrosted and use within a few days of defrosting.

Thanks Coupon Connections NW!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment