Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ebates-Get Some Money Back From Everyday Purchases


Here is a copy of my most recent check from Ebates.  I know it isn't a ton of money, but if you are a strategic shopper like I am, you know how far I can make $9.27 stretch!  I got this check from shopping online for things I buy online anyway.  Over the holiday season, I purchased many my gifts for people online.  I also buy a lot of other gifts (like all my Valentine's gifts) online as well.  I use Ebates when I purchase daily deals, magazines, photos and photo books, etc.  You can earn anywhere from 2%-51% back on your purchase!  And it comes to you in the form of a check!

How does it work? All you have to do is go to the Ebates site here and shop from their site.  If you have not signed up, you can do so for free AND you automatically get $5 just for signing up!  Then, when you are planning on purchasing something, you look up the retailer you are going to buy from.  A list of retailers with that name or similar names will come up and it will tell you how much you can get back from your purchase.  There is also an option to see if they have any discounts or current sales and it will list the discount codes for you!  So, if the retailer you are looking for is offering free shipping with a certain code, it will list that for you.  

Once you have found the retailer you are looking for, you click on the "Shop Now" tab.  This will re-direct you to the site you want to go to.  Then all you do is buy what you were normally going to buy!  Ebates keeps track of all the times you went from their site to another site and it will post your credit within 2 months.  Sometimes it is posted within a couple of days.  

Basically this works because Ebates gets a cut of the sale just for "referring" you to the selling site.  Ebates just gives a little bit of that cut back to you, the customer.  :)  I have researched Ebates to make sure they aren't a scam and don't sell your information and they are a reputable site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment