Thursday, January 20, 2011

Review of Tinbucktuna

I think the best explanation for Tinbucktuna would be it is a skillet version of Tuna Noodle Casserole.  I thought it was pretty good.  Could have maybe used a little bit more flavor (maybe like some salt?), but super easy and fast to make!

I made this meal, start to finish, with a green salad for the side, in under 30 minutes.  I LOVE these kind of meals!  It also didn't take a whole bunch of ingredients that were hard to find or that had to be prepped.  The only vegetable that I had to actually chop was the onion, but other than that, everything else was frozen or canned/packaged.  I know that sometimes this isn't the way you really want to go with your meals, but some days it is just easier and some days I just really need easier!

The recipe did come from the Eat, Shrink and Be Merry Cookbook, so it is a lighter version of the regular old Tuna Noodle Casserole.  I think the recipe does call for whole grain pasta (I used the vegetable pasta again), light cheeses, lower fat condensed cream of mushroom soup, and light sour cream.  I used some stuff "light" and some regular because I was going with what I had in my pantry.  I am sure if you used all the "light" ingredients, it would definitely cut down on some calories!! 

My whole family seemed to like this meal, so I think I will be making it again.  Probably on another day that a fast, easy meal needs to be made!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment