Friday, January 28, 2011

Review of Oatmeal Apple Muffins

So I made the Oatmeal Apple Muffins last night so that Connor could bring them to school today (and so I could have some for my class tonight).  They were super easy to make and yummy!  I think this will be a recipe I make again so I can freeze some for rushed morning breakfasts!

I was a little weary about the 1 TBSP of baking powder, but they turned out okay, so I guess it really was 1 TBSP.  Also, I thought maybe 450°F would be a little too hot, but it was perfect!  I did use sugar instead of splenda, but I think that it would be good with honey in it as a substitute for the sugar.  And it is only 1/3 cup of sugar per dozen muffins, so they were not too sweet.

I was able to make the recipe in 20 minutes and then it was just the cooking.  EASY!  :) Whole wheat flour, possibly honey, apples, cranberries, oats....HEALTHY (and the kids don't know the difference)!  I will be making this recipe again in the near future!!

1 comment:

  1. I am a new follower thanks to the blog hop. :-D plz follow back at http://my-2-cents.blogspot.com or facebook at http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/My-2-Cents/168508646518271

    ReplyDelete