Each Casserole Serves 8
2 2/3 cups uncooked rice
5 1/3 cups water
8 chicken breast halves, cubed
4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
2 (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 onions, chopped
3 cups salsa
1. Place rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
2. Cook the cubed chicken until no longer pink in the center.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 9x11 pans.
4. In a bowl, combine the Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion, and salsa.
5. For each casserole: Layer 1/4 rice, 1/4 chicken, 1/4 the soup mixture and 1/4 the cheese mixture in prepared dish. Repeat layers ending with cheese (each casserole should have two complete layers).
6. Bake one casserole in preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until bubbly. Cover, label and freeze other casserole for up to 3 months.
TO USE FROZEN CASSEROLE: Defrost in refrigerator overnight. Cook in oven at 350°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until heated through and bubbly.
Recipe taken and modified from allrecipes.com