Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dessert Reviews

So, I made all four of my desserts on Monday afternoon in about 3 hours.  I needed the scones on Tuesday morning for Bible study and needed the rest of the desserts for a get-together Tuesday night.

I first made the Pumpkin-Cranberry Pecan Bread.  I forgot that I had doubled the original recipe, so it ended up having to cook for much longer than it says in the recipe.  I think I ended up baking it for about an hour and a half.  I never did make the "Tipsy Whipped Cream" because I think I already had too many sweets.  The bread was good just by itself.

I then made the Pumpkin Swirl Brownies.  I made these in an 13 x 9 pan instead of a 9 x 9.  I cut down the baking time to 35 minutes.  They turned out well.  I also only had "turtle" brownie mix on hand, so my brownies had walnuts in them.  Yum!  :)  I think out of all the desserts, this one has been consumed the quickest!

Then I made the Pumpkin Scones.  These turned out really well!  I did cut the triangles in half one more time because the triangles the recipe had you make are HUGE!  So, I ended up with 24 scones instead of 12.  The glaze looked like it was going to be WAY too sweet, but it actually ended up totally fine.  And the spiced glaze was super yummy!

The Hummingbird Cake was amazing, as usual.  I did forget to put how much cinnamon goes into the cake on the first recipe I posted.  I have gone back and changed that. 

Let me know if you made any of these and how yours turned out!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment